Friday, November 27, 2009

Favorite hat

I have this strange fascination for doll-hats. Strange it is, as I've never worn a hat, nor do I suit them (whenever I get brave enough to try one it generates amusements from those around....so every now and then I will comply as I like to make people smile).



This wonderful hat is worn by my big Bebe Phenix. Both the French Bebe and her hat is from around 1890. The hat was very dusty when it arrived and was treated with a generous sprinkling of odorless talk-powder. I used a hairdryer (on cold setting) to blow off the powder (a sight to behold; standing in the shower cubicle to minimize the amount of dust everywhere :D).


1 comment:

  1. tenemos los mismos gustos !!! y he aprendido algo sobre la limpieza de estos materiales pues tengo algunas muñecas y muchas veces no sé como mantenerlas sin tener que sacrificar su aspecto. estaré visitandote pronto.

    ReplyDelete