Wednesday, November 4, 2009

These boots were made for walking.......


I have always loved little doll-shoes. So dainty and small....


This is the footwear of some of my dolls;





 


 


  



The little red dancing shoe,s with faux lepard decorations on the toes, belongs to my 1850's wax baby. She chose them herself, insisting that these were the shoes that she wanted. 
I simply did not have the heart to tell her that they are wholly inappropriate for a baby. Wrong age (shoes are 70 years to new for her and besides they were never for a baby. She does, however, insist she's a character) and most certainly the wrong color.

  

This is my Cinderella shoe. Belonging to my little early Kestner. Her other one long gone..in a different time...in another country....


 


I have a big delightful china lady. She has such a pleasant expression, I imagine she was once a cook in a grand house. On her day off she's wearing her salmon pink summer dress, maybe given by a kind mistress. Who could imagine that under that hemline, her tired swollen feet are wrapped in comfortable straw slippers (maybe this contributes to her happy moods).

 

There is, however, my little sweet parian, who is sooo proud of her dainty bare feet with her sewn toes, that she simply refuses to wear any kind of foot-wear at all. I cannot protest this, as her feet, in all honesty, are just as lovely as she thinks....











2 comments:

  1. Oh what lovely little shoes they are too!! Now I'm dying to see what lucky dollies are donning them and the owner of those priceless bare feet!!!
    Thank you for the sweet compliments on my blog Anne!
    Your Ellie is unbelievably gorgeous to say the least btw. Those eyes!
    Smiles,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Nancy, from me and Ellie. Ellie is my "Snow white" and she has a sister; "Rose Red" called Mairie (one blond the other brown haired :D). Your talent is so great so the compliments are truly from the heart.
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete