Friday, November 6, 2009

Mairie






I did promise to show Mairie. She is Ellie's sister, made also by Pierotti. I call them my Snow-white and Rosered, from the fairytale . 
Mairie has dark brown inserted human hair, whereas Ellie's is mohair,  and her long plait hangs loose over her shoulder, secured with a light blue ribbon.

To my knowledge, her clothes are original, but I did give her a lovely bonnet when she arrived. She is also the owner of the blue leather boots, worn but still beautiful.... 
Mairie is a very pretty wax doll with so much presence. She has  so many different expressions that one could never tire of her; sometimes sad and sullen, soft and loving, thoughtful or with a little smile....



My  two sisters look like they have always lived together. If truth is told, they must have separated already in Pierotti's workshop during the 1850's - 60's. The little girls who once owned them must have been quiet, careful little girls as their dolls has survived in such marvelous condition. Ellinot and Mairie spent many years residing in museums; one at Helen Moe's Doll Museum; the other at Mary Merrits Doll Museum, and was not reunited until they came home to us.

Now my Snow-white and Rosered  stand side by side, whispering little secrets in each others ears; telling the tales of years apart and sharing dreams of the future.







4 comments:

  1. Dear Anne
    These photos are beautiful but way to small to see very well. I collect wax dolls and I would really like to see these wax dolls larger so we can see what they really look like .
    thank-you patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comment, Patti. I will try and get some better photo's taken later on. These two are really my favorite two waxes.
    In the meantime I would like to send Easter greetings with todays post.
    Although the size is preset to be a certain size, the quality of the photo's should be better. Thanks again.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. (I somehow managed to double post as I thought the first comment was lost. Our broadband seem very slow today. I deleted the surplus post. Anne)

    ReplyDelete